1MB collects basic client information to make your support experience the very best on the Internet. We respect your privacy, and we assure you that we will maintain and use this information responsibly.
General Browsing: 1MB gathers navigational information about where you go on our Web site. This information allows us to see which areas are most visited. This helps us improve the quality of visitors’ online shopping experiences by recognizing and delivering more of the features, services and products our visitors prefer. Additional non-personally identifiable information (i.e. domain type, browser version, service provider and IP address) may be collected which will provide information regarding your use of our Web site (such as the time of your last visit to a page on our site).
Disclosure of Personal Information: Any information you provide to us at this site when you establish or update an account, purchase credits online or request information (i.e. name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and credit card information), is maintained in private files on our secure Web server and our internal systems. This information is used to enable 1MB to deliver services to you. To ensure compliance with federal law, 1MB does not maintain information provided by children under the age of 18.
You should be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Web site, the site or the public.
1MB does not sell, rent or trade your e-mail address to third parties. We may, however, use third parties to help us provide services to you, such as fulfilling orders, processing payments, monitoring site activity, conducting surveys, and administering e-mails. If personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, e-mail address, telephone number) is provided to any of these third parties, we will require that such information be maintained by them in strictest confidence.
Updating Personal Information: We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your personal information including billing and shipping information by logging into your account.
Use of Forums / Discussion Boards: None of the information contained on our Website is medical, legal, business, or other advice or opinion of 1MB. Any opinion expressed via this service is that of its author. Users are reminded that postings are automatic, instantaneous, and are not pre-reviewed. Additional facts and information on legal or other developments may affect the subjects discussed. Confidential information should not be discussed. 1MB assumes no responsibility for the content or consequences, direct or indirect, of communications by users.
Links: For your convenience, our Web site may contain links to other sites. 1MB is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Questions/Changes in Policy:
1MB believes in providing a safe and secure shopping experience for all of our clients. We provide stringent and effective security measures on our Web site.
It is our policy to never send private information, such as your credit card number, via e-mail. In fact, this is a practice we recommend you adopt in all of your Internet activities.
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS (TAC)
In order to maintain our system integrity and resources we expect our customers to act responsibly. When you use any 1MB services, in any form, you automatically agree to the following Conditions.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services we provided when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used. In short:
- No adult content (Pornography)
- No online gambling
- No Spam, No unsolicited e-mailing
- No Warez, cracks, copyright infringement
- No Server abuse -Any attempt to undermine or cause harm to a server, or customer, of us is strictly prohibited.
- No Unauthorized use of other people’s accounts or computers
- No IRC Chat Rooms - We do not allow clients to install their own chat rooms of any kind, without approving it with the Support Team.
- No IRC - We do not allow IRC or IRC bots to be operated on our servers.
- Payment Policies - All accounts are set up on a pre-pay basis. Setup fees are charged for all new accounts and major account changes. All pricing is guaranteed for the term of pre-payment. We reserve the right to change prices at any time, unless other terms have been agreed upon. The customer is responsible for all money owed on the account from the time it was established to the time that the customer notifies us via phone or email for a request for termination of services.
- Cancellation Policy -We reserve the right to cancel service at any time. Any violation of policies which results in extra costs will be billed to the customer (i.e. transfer, space etc.)
- Setup fees are not refundable at all.
- Lawful Purposes - We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Customers may only use our servers for lawful purpose. Transmission of any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited.
- Indemnification - Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold us harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees asserted against us, our agents, our customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, it’s agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against liabilities arising out of;
- any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with our servers;
- any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- copyright infringement and
- any defective products sold to customer from our servers.
Disclaimer: We will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. We make no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. We disclaim any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by our Web hosting service and our employees. We reserve the right to revise the policies at any time.
- All end-users, resellers and dedicated servers of ours must adhere to the above policies.
- Use of any mass email programs in conjunction with 1MB SMTP servers is strictly prohibited.
- Failure to follow any term or condition will be grounds for immediate account deactivation.
III. BILLING POLICIES AND CYCLES
- We offer billing via check, credit card, cash or bank draft charge only
- All initial fees must be paid prior to service setup. These fees include:
- Service setup fees
- 1 month or 1 year service charges
- Monthly fees are due on the first of each month. Fees for your first month will be prorated based on the number of days in that month initially. You will be billed for the prorated portion of your first month and for your entire second month, then monthly thereafter.
- All accounts not paid within 15 days after your due date will be suspended. Suspended accounts will not be allowed any access to their servers.
- 1MB attempts to automatically charge credit card on file for any past due invoice for current, suspended and cancelled accounts.
- Accounts suspended and reactivated must pay all past due and current amounts and are subject to the following reactivation fee:
- Accounts past due over 365 days cannot be reactivated. You must sign up for new service and pay the full setup fees associated with the server option you choose.
- All prices are stated in Canadian currency unless otherwise stated.
- To cancel your account, you must contact 1MB via phone or email with your request. To ensure that you are not billed for another month of service, you must cancel your account before your billing cycle due date. You can also cancel by logging into your shopbuilder account and editing your subscription information. All accounts requesting cancellation are terminated on the last day of your billing cycle.
Note: All billing correspondence [invoices, notifications, etc] is done via email. It is crucial that you maintain a current email address with us.
Our online account login enables every customer to:
- Process credit card information
- Update your email address, billing address, shipping address, etc.
- View your past and current order history
- Print out your invoices
We currently accept payment, in Canadian Dollars, through the following sources:
- Canadian Bank Check
- Certified Check
- American Express*
*Additional Service Fees Apply
You can contact our billing department as described on our contact page.
IV. ADULT MATERIAL POLICY
Due to different cultures, material that is appropriate in some countries may not be appropriate in others. For this reason and many others, we maintain a strict “No Adult Material Policy”.
1MB defines “Adult Material” as any of the following:
- Any photos or videos showing any sexually explicit nudity.
- Any audio clips or text containing sexually explicit material.
We also prohibit the following:
- Any sites with direct links to other sites containing such material.
- Any site engaged in the sale of sexually explicit items.
In addition we reserve the right to determine what might be considered “sexually explicit” or “sexually related”. If your site contains material that you are unsure about, please let us know before placing the order.